You read The Saratoga Special. Of course you do. But are you a Special Reader? You can be. Join The Special’s Readers Club – launched in 2019, it grew in 2020 and hopefully gets expanded again in 2021 (now that we're back with a print edition and spectators are allowed at Saratoga Race Course) – and receive a growing list of benefits. For starters, members receive:
• Early email notice of new editions.
• A Saratoga Special sticker.
• A set of Saratoga Special Readers Club cork coasters (two), a Saratoga Special buff/neck gaiter or Saratoga Special hat.
• Invitations to special events we haven’t scheduled yet. You’ll be the first to know. We promise we'll keep you posted.
• Other benefits we’re still dreaming up (we’re open to suggestions).
Most importantly, you get the satisfaction of helping produce your favorite Saratoga newspaper and being part of something unique. Thanks to our generous advertisers, The Special is thriving but we’ve long heard from fans about ways to get involved. Here’s your chance. Special readers are already part of a community. We just want to see it grow, and make the most of it. And remember, The Special is online only this summer – and twice a week – but we're working harder than ever to bring you racing coverage you can't get anywhere else.
Cost is $35 per year, and the program is totally optional. The Special is free to read, in print within the 12866 whenever that happens again or online at thisishorseracing.com. We hope you’ll sign up, but you don’t have to. Thanks for being there, and welcome aboard. Tell your friends. CLICK THE READERS CLUB BUTTON TO JOIN.
Fine print: Stickers, hats, buffs and coasters (the latter are ordered so be patient) mailed to United States addresses only.
More fine print: Cool photos above by Susie Raisher, Tod Marks and that dog's person.